Monday, June 21, 2010

The Freedom Trail

Last Friday, I went to the Freedom Trail with my group. During this trail, I thought it was very valuable and meaningful. This first stop of this trail was The Boston Common; it is American’s oldest park, originally used as grazing ground for livestock. Then, we went to the Park Street Church, Boston Latin School, the Old South Meeting House and so on. When we were visiting the sights, some of the students needed to do a presentation about each view. And my presentation was about the Old North Church, which is the oldest surviving church in Boston (1723) and the one with the tallest steeple (191 feet). In the meantime, this church plays an important role in the Revolutionary War. All in all, this trail had attracted me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment